President | Thomas Lawrence | P.E.
Firm: Thomas B. Lawrence, PE
Phone:  237-4819
Thomas B. Lawrence, PE is a consulting engineer specializing in water quality protection and restoration, including projects as varied as underground tank remediation and municipal storm water pollution prevention. He is the vice-president of the Engineer’s Club of Memphis and president-elect for the TN Section ASCE. He is a past-president of the West TN ASCE Branch and the Memphis Chapter of TSPE. He is a registered Professional Engineer in CA, IL and TN and has been working as a Civil Engineer for nearly 25 years.
President-Elect | Brandie Cookston | P.E., CPESC, CPSWQ
Firm: Alfred Benesh & Company
Phone:  386-5888
Brandie is a Project Manager for Alfred Benesch and Company’s Chattanooga office. She has 12 years of experience with Transportation Engineering. Mrs. Cookston also has extensive experience with Environmental Compliance and Permitting for Roadway Construction. Brandie attended the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where she began her involvement with ASCE. She has served as Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, and President of the Chattanooga Branch and currently serves on the Board of Directors. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband Barry and daughter Sophie Ann.
Past President | Josh Corum | P.E.
Firm: CH2M Hill
Phone:  560-2801
Mr. Corum is a project engineer with the Facilities & Urban Environments Group in CH2M HILL’s Knoxville office. He has more than 14 years of experience in site and infrastructure design. Mr. Corum attended the University of Tennessee – Knoxville graduating with a B.S. in civil engineering, and has served as Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, and President of the Knoxville Branch. In his free time, he enjoys camping, hiking, and spending time with his two children and wife Kelley.
Vice President | Ashley Smith | P.E.
Firm: Stantec Consulting Services Inc.
Phone:  885-1144
Ashley is a Vanderbilt University graduate originally from San Antonio, Texas. She received her Bachelor of Engineering in civil engineering and worked for a local company for 6 years upon graduation. She is currently a project manager and engineer at Stantec, doing water, wastewater, and urban land design. Her dad is a civil engineer and her mom is a math teacher, so it is only natural that she uses the left side of her brain more. She married Jared, another Vandy graduate, and they have a daughter. Ashley is an ASCE Nashville Branch Past-President, current Board Member, Practitioner Advisor to Vanderbilt, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, & former Younger Member Chair. She is also the current Section Younger Member Chair and Webmaster. Ashley was a big sis through Big Brothers Big Sisters for 8 years and is an avid Vanderbilt sports fan. In her spare time, Ashley enjoys playing and watching all sports, traveling, scuba diving, skiing, going to concerts, and relaxing on beaches.
- Florida Department of Transportation – Construction and Project Management 1/87 – 8/93
- Cook & Spencer Consultants – Project Manager 8/93 – 2/96
- City of Chattanooga – Engineering Design Manager 2/96 – 5/96
- Bradley County Government – County Engineer 5/96 – Present
- 2006 – 2009 Member, Committee on Professional Practice
- 2006 – 2009 Member, Policy Review Committee
- 2007 – 2010 Member, Engineering Practice Policy Committee
- 2005 – 2008 Region 4 Governor
- 2004 – 2005 District 9 Chair
- 2004 – Present Tennessee Section Secretary
- 2002 – 2006 Tennessee Section Awards Chair
- 2000 – 2001 Tennessee Section President
- 1999 Chairman, Tennessee Section Annual Meeting
- 2008 – 2010 NSPE Professional Engineers in Government SE Region Vice-Chair
- 2004 – 2007 TSPE/NSPE Regional Director/House of Delegates
- 2003 – 2004 TSPE State President
- 2000 – 2001 General Chair Chattanooga Area Engineers Week
- 2000 – 2002 TSPE Chattanooga Area President
- 1999 – 2003 TSPE State Board of Directors
- 1998 – Present Economic Development Council for the City of Cleveland and Bradley County
- 2001 – Present Industrial Technical Advisory Council for Cleveland State Community College
- 2007- 2010 International Code Council – Governmental Delegate
Other Volunteer Activities
Treasurer | Ted A. Kniazewycz | P.E.
Firm: Gresham, Smith and Partners
Phone:  770-8470
Ted is the Bridge Department Manager at Gresham, Smith and Partners Nashville office serving the firm’s highway structural design needs in eight states. He has been with GS&P since 1999. Ted is a graduate of Tennessee Tech University and began his engineering career with the Tennessee DOT in the Structures Division. He also served as Nashville’s Bridge Engineer prior to joining GS&P. Ted has been active in ASCE since his student chapter days at Tech. He has served as Branch President and continues to serve the Tennessee Section as Treasurer and ASCE National as Region 4 Governor for Tennessee. In his free time, he is active in Boy Scouting and family activities with his three sons and wife Susannah.